Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The dollar's drowning and the heat wave is on...

Overjoyed to hear that "the battered dollar," as the financial pages call it, hit a record low against the Euro this week (incidentally, it also hit a 30-year low against the Canadian dollar--called the loonie!--this week, dragged down, the pundits say, by continued worries over interest rates and potential fallout from subprime mortgage loans (and possibly the Idiot's polyps). Sure am glad my tight self held on to all those Euro travelers checks I failed to use last time I was in Europe (with Licky Philpots). I feel vaguely rich.

Not so happy to see that it's still hot in southern Europe...Leslie has departed France for Germany. Don't know that I will hear from him again until we meet up, supposedly, in Rome on Saturday...one more half day of deposition and I can quietly slide into vacation mode...

No comments: