Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Final posting?

It left this morning, opting to search out and ride the subway to the airport. He's got a fairly straight shot home (Athens to IAH). I, on the other hand, because I tried to accommodate the professor's schedule (for no good reason, I see now), have to fly at 7 a.m. from Athens tomorrow to Rome. Wait 4 hours, then fly 11 hours to Atlanta. Then sit on my haunches in A-town for another 3-4 hours before flying home to, hopefully, foggy and chilly San Francisco. I arrive at something like 10:45 tomorrow night and I should be a mess.

Today was some sort of Greek holiday, so near everything was closed, except of course for the Plaka. I managed to grab a cappucino freddo before heading to the Grand Bretagne for my "full body" massage. Fancy place. And the lady masseuse was professional and didn't balk at my awful feet (at least to my face). She even accommodated what she diagnosed as a torn rotator cuff (as I suspected), and didn't jerk on my pitiful left arm. It was a memorable massage, in any event; she really found some knots, especially in my calves (that now look a lot like Popeye's biceps).

We covered a lot of territory in a little under three weeks, saw lots of old stuff, ate some interesting things, and, despite a lot of provocation, didn't kill each other. I suppose that constitutes a successful journey.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I had a very hard time signing into my Google account to leave this comment, but am having difficulty figuring out exactly how to blame you for that. It might be due more to my technological incompetence. Funny, that.

I hope you had a great trip and that you are all rested up now from your adventures. You will need to be well-rested b/c Bruce and the E Street Band are releasing a new album in early October, with a tour rumored to follow. You know what that means. And, not to worry. I promise not to leave my driver's license behind, give you bad travel info, or lead you anywhere that's boiling hot. Of course, I'll have to remember to bring the tickets with me.

Thanks again for sharing your travel adventures. It was great fun being there for the ride, so to speak. I seriously enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.